ISLAMABAD: Economic Coordination Committee of the Cabinet (ECC) on Wednesday approved Rs10 billion for re-reimbursement of telegraphic transfer charges to the banks on home remittances.
Federal Minister for Finance and Revenue Shaukat Tarin chaired the meeting.
The Technical Supplementary Grants were approved by ECC in its meeting held on Wednesday:
• Rs.10 billion for the Finance Division for re-imbursement of telegraphic transfer charges to the banks on home remittances to encourage overseas Pakistanis to remit money through formal banking channels.
• Allocation of funds for the National Disaster Management Authority (NDMA) for procurement of oxygen gas and delivery mechanism for import of 6,000 MT of oxygen amounting to Rs. 1800 million to meet the emergency requirement for supply of oxygen to hospitals for treatment of COVID-19 patients.
• Rs. 115 million for the Ministry of Defence for the up-gradation of health care facilities at Cantonment General Hospital, Rawalpindi.
• Rs. 800 million to the Ministry of Defence Production for the payment of outstanding loan to the National Bank of Pakistan (Bahrain).
• Rs. 8 million for the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting to clear the pending liabilities of “Implementation Tribunal for Newspaper Employees (ITNE)”.
• Rs. 571.216 million for the Ministry of Law and Justice for the construction of Islamabad High Court Building.
• Rs. 350 million for the Ministry of Law and Justice for a new building of the Supreme Court Branch Registry Karachi.
• Rs. 198.017 million for running Isolation Hospital and Infections Treatment Center, Islamabad for treatment of COVID-19 patients.
• Rs. 27.5 billion for National Disaster Management Fund to complete NDMA’s component under Karachi Transformation Plan.
• Rs. 48.337 million for the Ministry of Parliamentary Affairs for meeting its various operational expenses.
• Rs. 17.739 million for the Geological Survey of Pakistan (GSP) to repair important laboratory equipment.
• Rs. 1563.046 million for the Ministry of Federal Education and Technical Training for establishment & operation of Basic Education Community Schools.
• Rs. 1210.18 million for the National Commission for Human Development (NCHD) for meeting various operating expenses.
• Rs 100 million for the Cabinet Secretariat, given as contribution from the Government of Punjab for Pakistan Tourism Development Endowment Fund.
Federal Minister for Privatization Muhammad Mian Soomro, Federal Minister for Interior Shaikh Rashid Ahmad, Federal Minister for Economic Affairs Division Omar Ayub Khan, Federal Minister for Planning, Development and Special Initiatives Asad Umar, Federal Minister for Energy Muhammad Hammad Azhar, Federal Minister for Industries and Production Makhdum Khusro Bakhtyar, Federal for National Food Security & Research Syed Fakhar Imam, Federal Minister for Maritime Affairs Ali Haider Zaidi, Adviser to the PM on Commerce Abdul Razak Dawood, Adviser to the PM on Institutional Reforms and Austerity Dr. Ishrat Hussain, SAPM on Finance and Revenue Dr. Waqar Masood, SAPM on Power & Petroleum Tabish Gauhar, Federal Secretaries, Chairman BOI and other senior officers participated in the meeting.
Governor State Bank of Pakistan Reza Baqir also joined through a video link.