ISLAMABAD: Federal Board of Revenue (FBR) on Tuesday constituted two committees for identifying and removing anomalies in the Finance Bill, 2020.
The FBR issued two separate notifications for constituting the committees, which comprise FBR officials and representatives of business community.
Chairman of the first anomaly committee is Saqib Shirazi of Atlas Group.
The co-chairmen of the committee are Muhammad Javed Ghani, Member (Customs-Policy) and Dr. Hamid Ateeq Sarwar, Member (IR-Policy).
The other members of the committee are:
01. Ehsan Malik, Pakistan Business Council
02. Agha Shahab Khan, President, Karachi Chamber of Commerce and Industry (KCCI)
03. President, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Chamebr
04. Abdul Samad, former president, Quetta Chamber of Commerce and Industry
05. Anjum Nisar, President, Federation of Pakistan Chamber of Commerce and Industry (FPCCI).
06. Zahid Shinwari, former president, Sarhad Chamber
07. Irfan Iqbal Sheikh, President, Lahore Chamber of Commerce and Industry (LCCI)
08. Amir Fayyaz, Former Chairman, All Pakistan Textile Mills Association (APTMA).
The FBR constituted the other technical anomaly committee. Ashfaq Tola, FCA, FCMA has been appointed as chairman of the committee.
The co-chairmen of the committee will be the same FBR officials of the first committee.
Other members of the committee are included:
01. Ali Jameel, FCA
02. Asif Haroon, FCA
03. Abdul Qadir Memon, President, Pakistan Tax Bar Association
04. Syed Yawar Ali, CEO, Pakistan Business Council
05. Mrs. Robina Ather, Chairperson, National Tariff Commission (NTC)
06. Muhammad Shahzad, ex-partner, A. F. Ferguson & Co.
07. Rashid Ibrahim, A. F. Ferguson & Co.
08. Khurram Mukhtar, Patron in Chief, PTEA.
The term of reference (TOR) for the committees is: to review the anomalies identified and submitted; and to advise FBR on removal of anomalies.
The FBR advised both the committees to submit the anomalies by June 19, 2020.