KARACHI: Overseas Investors Chamber of Commerce and Industry (OICCI) has elected Irfan Siddiqui as president of the chamber for the term 2021 at its annual general meeting held on Monday.
Irfan Siddiqui is presently President and CEO of Meezan Bank Limited.
The OICCI, the body to represent foreign investors in Pakistan, also elected Ghiasuddin Khan, President & CEO, Engro Corporation Limited as the Vice President of the chamber.
The other elected members of the OICCI Managing Committee for 2021 are as follows:
1. MS. ERUM SHAKIR RAHIM, GLAXOSMITHKLINE PAKISTAN LIMITED
2. ALI ASGHAR JAMALI, INDUS MOTOR COMPANY LIMITED
3. ATSUSHI FUJII, MITSUBISHI CORPORATION
4. AAMIR HAFEEZ IBRAHIM, PAKISTAN MOBILE COMMUNICATIONS LIMITED
5. SAMI AHMED, PROCTER & GAMBLE PAKISTAN (PVT) LIMITED
6. MARKUS STROHMEIER, SIEMENS (PAKISTAN) ENGINEERING CO. LTD
7. MEHMET CELEPOGLU, TOTAL PARCO PAKISTAN LIMITED
8. AMIR RASOOL PARACHA, UNILEVER PAKISTAN LIMITED
The Incoming OICCI President Irfan Siddiqui in his message to the members said that he strongly believes that Pakistan offers considerable growth potential for existing foreign investors and attractive opportunities for new investors. He said his conviction is supported by OICCI members who invested over US$ 16 billion in new capital expenditure in the last eight years.
Irfan Siddiqui, is a Chartered Accountant from England and Wales, and is the founding President and Chief Executive Officer of Meezan Bank.
Prior to joining Meezan Bank he has held several senior management positions including Chief Executive Officer at Al-Meezan Investment Bank Limited, General Manager at Pakistan Kuwait Investment Company, and senior executive positions at Kuwait Investment Authority.