KARACHI: Large Taxpayers Office (LTO) Karachi has taken measures to contain the resurgence of coronavirus. In this regard, an advisory has been issued for the staff of LTO Karachi with directives of strict implementation.
Badaruddin Ahmed Qureshi, Chief Commissioner, LTO Karachi directed all divisions including audit, enforcement and legal of the tax office in order to contain the spread and resurgence of coronavirus.
The following advisory has been issued:
01. No one shall enter into the premises of offices without wearing a mask.
02. Social distancing of at least six feet must be maintained by all officers and staff.
03. Temperature of every person will be monitored at the entrance with thermal guns.
04. A person having flue, cough, shortness of breath and body pain shall not be allowed to enter in the premises of office.
05. The office is declared as no smoking zone.
06. Unauthorized persons shall not be allowed to visit offices unnecessarily and without any reason.
07. All symptomatic and suspected employees must be identified and reported to the Chief Commissioner Inland Revenue Office.
08. Any officer/official found violating any instruction contained in this SOPs shall be liable for action in accordance with applicable law and rules accordingly.
09. All officers/officials/visitors should wash hands with soap and water or hand sanitizer properly and regularly. Hand sanitizer should be available at all time on the wall-mounted spray machines and in the washrooms/lavatories.
10. The administrative officer shall ensure the provisions of thermal guns at the entrance of office for screening of body temperature of officer/officials/visitors.
11. Administrative officer shall ensure effective disinfection of all office at regular intervals.
12. Lifts/elevators installed in the field offices shall be used as less possible and lift operators shall be provided with antiseptic sprays and swabs to clean the buttons/knobs regularly.
13. In order to avoid physical contact with door handle/knobs, it is advised that all office door be kept open and room window be kept open also to ensure ventilation.
14. The CCIR Office will ensure the provision of sufficient number of face masks to all commissioner for onward distribution among the officer/officials.