ISLAMABAD: Federal Board of Revenue (FBR) has notified new valuations for steel products for the purpose of collecting sales tax from July 01, 2019.
The FBR on Saturday issued SRO 697(l)/2019 to fix the following values of locally produced goods specified in the Table below, for the purpose of payment of sales tax on ad valorem basis, at the rate as applicable to specified in sub-section (1) of section 3 of the Sales Tax Act, 1990.
1. Steel bars: Rs83,000 per metric ton
2. Steel Billets: Rs74,000 per metric ton
3. Steel Ingots/bala: Rs72,000 per metric ton
4. Ship plates: Rs72,000 per metric ton
5. Other re-rollable iron & steel scrap: Rs47,000 per metric tons
In case the value of supply of the goods specified in this notification is higher than the values fixed herein, the value of goods shall be the value at which the supply is made.
The FBR said that the SRO would take effect on and from the 1st day of July, 2019.