In continuation of efforts to make the process of monetary policy formulation more predictable and transparent in line with international best practices, the SBP decided to increase the frequency of monetary policy reviews from six (6) to eight (8) times a year.
This action will bring the frequency of meetings in line with that incomparable emerging markets. It will also help to enhance the predictability of monetary policy actions, the SBP added.
Accordingly, the schedule for the next five MPC meetings is as follows:
1. December MPC meeting: Tuesday, 14th Dec 2021
2. January MPC meeting: Monday, 24th Jan 2022
3. March MPC meeting: Tuesday, 8th Mar 2022
4. April MPC meeting: Tuesday, 19th Apr 2022
5. June MPC meeting: Friday, 10th Jun 2022
The advance calendar for the next half-year of MPC meetings will be shared at the time of the June 2022 MPC meeting, the SBP added.