Pakistan Stock Exchange terror attack; all terrorists killed

Pakistan Stock Exchange terror attack; all terrorists killed

KARACHI: The security forces have failed a terrorist attack on Pakistan Stock Exchange (PSX) on Monday morning and killed all the four terrorists. However, four security gaurds and police personnel also died in this attack.

The trading on the stock exchange however remained continue during this incident. Sources said that terrorist failed to enter the stock exchange.

Pakistan high ups for the last many days were pointing out that India would undertake such thing to divert world attention from its brutality in occupied Kashmir.

Sources in law enforcement agencies said that the attack was similar to attacks conducted by Indian agencies, which were operating to destroy the peace of the region.

PSX Managing Director Farrukh A Khan said that the trading at the PSX was remained conntinued.

Media reported that armed militants had arrived at the PSX compound in a sedan and attempted to enter it from the parking ground side, according to initial reports and eyewitness statements. They were seen shouldering backpacks and carrying automatic weaponry in an amateur video captured by an eyewitness. The equipment, arms and ammunition recovered from them indicated that they had come prepared for a long siege.

After failing to enter the compound, the militants launched a gun and grenade attack and attempted to storm the building while opening indiscriminate fire. They were engaged by security personnel posted and failed to make headway amidst heavy exchange of fire, Geo TV reported.

Initial reports indicate that all four of the militants were killed near the entrance gates, before they could enter the building. Four security guards and a police sub-inspector laid down their lives foiling the attack.

The entire locality was later cordoned off by security forces and a search and clear operation was launched. The PSX was evacuated and the car that the militants arrived in was taken into custody.

Hospital sources said seven dead bodies and two injured persons were brought to them for medical attention.