Section 234 of Income Tax Ordinance, 2001 has defined the rate of advance income tax on motor vehicles to be collected by persons collecting motor vehicle tax.
The Federal Board of Revenue (FBR) issued the Income Tax Ordinance, 2001 updated up to June 30, 2021. The Ordinance incorporated amendments brought through Finance Act, 2021.
Following is the text of Section 234 of Income Tax Ordinance, 2001:
234. Tax on motor vehicles.— (1) Any person at the time of collecting motor vehicle tax shall also collect advance tax at the rates specified in Division III of Part IV of the First Schedule.
(2) If the motor vehicle tax is collected in instalments or lump sum the advance tax may also be collected in instalments or lump sum in like manner.
(2A) In respect of motor cars used for more than ten years in Pakistan, no advance tax shall be collected after a period of ten years.
(3) In respect of a passenger transport vehicle with registered seating capacity of ten or more persons, advance tax shall not be collected after a period of ten years from the first day of July of the year of make of the vehicle.
(4) In respect of a goods transport vehicle with registered laden weight of less than 8120 kilograms, advance tax shall not be collected after a period of ten years from the date of first registration of vehicle in Pakistan.
(5) Advance tax collected under this section shall be adjustable.
“(6) For the purpose of sub-sections (1) and (2) “motor vehicle” shall include the vehicles specified in sub-section (7) of section 231B.”
(Disclaimer: The text of the above section is only for information. Team PkRevenue.com makes all efforts to provide the correct version of the text. However, the team PkRevenue.com is not responsible for any error or omission.)