The income tax rates on prize and winnings for tax year 2022 to be applicable under Section Schedule of Income Tax Ordinance, 2001.
Following are the rates of income tax on prize and winnings:
(1) The rate of tax to be deducted under section 156 on a prize on prize bond or cross-word puzzle shall be 15 per cent of the gross amount paid.
(2) The rate of tax to be deducted under section 156 on winnings from a raffle, lottery, prize on winning a quiz, prize offered by a company for promotion of sale, shall be 20 per cent of the gross amount paid.
Following is the text of Section 156 of the Income Tax Ordinance, 2001:
156. Prizes and winnings.—(1) Every person paying prize on a prize bond, or winnings from a raffle, lottery, prize on winning a quiz, prize offered by companies for promotion of sale, or cross-word puzzle shall deduct tax from the gross amount paid at the rate specified in Division VI of Part III of the First Schedule.
(2) Where a prize, referred to in sub-section (1), is not in cash, the person while giving the prize shall collect tax on the fair market value of the prize.
(3) The tax deductible under sub-section (1) or collected under sub-section (2) shall be final tax on the income from prizes or winnings referred to in the said sub-sections.
(Disclaimer: The text of above section is only for information. Team PkRevenue.com makes all efforts to provide the correct version of the text. However, the team PkRevenue.com is not responsible for any error or omission.)